Thursday, November 5, 2009

He Has Made Everything Beautiful In Its Time

Today was errand day for Natalia and I.  We went to browse at the Thanksgiving and Christmas things at Hobby Lobby, and ended up staying for quite a while.  My brain was on absolute overload.  I wander the aisles and think of all the hobbies I would like to take up or learn about.  And all the hobbies I am already proficient at.   I have potential projects or craft items that are in the "someday" drawer.  My dilemma is this:  what do you do when your brain won't slow down with constant ideas of projects and hobbies and activities?  Among my running list in my head of projects or hobbies or activities are this:  bowholders for both girls, step-stool for each child to have their own, modge podging basically the entire unfinished wood/paper mache aisles at Hobby Lobby, wall letters for Jacob and Alexa's room, home decor projects, learning how to knit, learning how to crochet, getting a sewing machine and learning how to sew, learning how to make jewelry, learning how to quilt, numerous craft projects with the kids that are tooooooo many to mention, charity projects with the kids, taking up cross-stitching again, taking up paper-scrappin' again, continuing with digi-scrappin, teacher gifts for Christmas, bow-making, wreath making, organizing my recipes into a cute scrapped binder,party planning, learning how to decorate cakes, becoming an author of children's books, homemade gift ideas for family and friends, bringing meals to new neighbors and meal ministry for church, volunteering at church, learning how to make bath bombs, learning how to make tutus from my sister, studying God's word, cute Bible story projects with the kids, reading to each of the kids each night and doing devotionals, spending more time with family, making heritage albums for my grandma and mom, making gift albums for friends and family, having lunch with old friends......and the list goes on and on and on and on and on.....
So  I wandered the aisles feeling frustrated because I feel like I will never be able to do these things for a long, long time...especially because we want another baby.  I barely have enough time to do laundry.....So I took my frustration to God.  I put Natalia down for her nap when we got home and went straight to my bible for my quiet time with God.  You amaze me, Lord Jesus.  You never fail to give me exactly what I need, when I need it.  I came across this verse in my reading:  "He has made everything beautiful in it's time." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)  You have definitely given me the most important job on the planet...being wife to a wonderful man and mother to three precious children.    What's beautiful is that I have a chance to be home with my children.  Daily, I thank God for this opportunity that so many mothers would like, but absolutely must work outside of their homes.  That's what is beautiful in my life right now...that opportunity.  One day, when I'm an empty nester, and missing my kiddoes, I know that I will have sooooo many things to occupy my time ....and a retired husband as well.  I've already told him he is going to have to find some hobbies.  He jokes that he'll be whittling on the front porch!
       Beautiful in it's time.  Beautiful in it's time. That keeps running through my head.  What's beautiful in your particular season of life? 

What's beautiful is...being able to get my kids up and ready for school and to not have to send them to daycare
What's beautiful is...my daily quiet time with God where he reveals new things to me
What's beautiful is...hearing from old friends
What's beautiful is...having such wonderful family and friends
What's beautiful is...being able to hop on the treadmill and clear my head completely
What's beautiful is...loving an amazing man and being loved by him in return
What's beautiful is...cuddling with my children
What's beautiful is...having a church home where I feel 100% comfortable
What's beautiful is....knowing my family is healthy

Those are a few of mine.....

So God has showed me, everything in due time, my child.   Thank you, Father, for the peace that your Word always brings to me.     



3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful post.

    I could list about 10 things off the top of my head that I think are beautiful in my life at this moment. One of them is the creative paths that keep opening to me where I get to meet lots of great people and be inspired by their work.

    Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister!! I was cracking up at your list - sounds a lot like mine! Such a wonderful post to read, it put things in perspective for me! I'm going to write that verse down and put it in on my mirror. We can setup an Empty Nester Craft Club one day!! We'll be soooo busy! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - I always say that someday when my kids are all at school - I have a long list that I will finally begin to get to! But I'm the same - when I find myself wanting other things - I think of the same scripture - "There is a time and season for everything" - so enjoy the journey - each phase of it. :)

    ReplyDelete