Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fun Halloween Books

One of my favorite things in the world is books.  Another one of my favorite things is reading to my kids.  After being a mommy for nine years, we have us quite a collection of children's books.  Another one of my FAVORITE things is children's holiday books.  In fact, about five years ago, I started "The 12 books of
Christmas" with Jacob where every year on December 1 he would get to unwrap a different Christmas book for 12 days straight.  The books have ranged from religious to funny.  This has always been a tradition the kids have looked forward to.  Well you can imagine after several years of this, we have quite a few Christmas books.  I want to keep the tradition going this year without having to buy new books, so I think this year we will just set aside a book to read each night, because I think there are a few we never even got a chance to read over the past few years.  Okay.....so what does this have to do with Halloween?  Well, we have some great Halloween books too, although I don't go as crazy with those.  But there are some that we read year after year that the kids never get tired of, so I wanted to share them with you. 

The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything











Amazon.com: Room on the Broom (9780142501122): Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler: Books












Amazon.com: Ten Timid Ghosts (Read With Me Paperbacks) (9780439158046): Jennifer O'connell: Books










Happy Reading!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Right now 10 Timid Ghosts is my daughter's favorite. I think we're reading it at least a couple of times a day.

    ReplyDelete