Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her"-Proverbs 31: 28


When I was a child, I had many dreams and ideas of what I wanted to be.  Among the top on the list were lawyer, tv news journalist, actress, Radio City Rockette, and teacher.  But at the very top was Mommy.  I can remember playing house with my friends and my dolls all the time wanting to be a mommy.  There is no more important job in the world.  Not one!  And I am so blessed that God has given me this very special job. 

To my amazing children Jacob, Alexa, and Natalia, thank you for challenging me daily...for pushing me beyond my limits..for making me want to be better each day..for developing a strength in me that I had no idea existed before you came along...for teaching me new things...I am honored and privileged to be your mom. 

To baby punkin...we have a long way to go kiddo.  In five and a half months I will get to meet you.  I can't wait to hold you, kiss you, smell your sweet baby smell, count your fingers and toes, and to look in your eyes and fall in love. 

To my mom, the strongest woman I know, you have taught me so many life lessons.  The most important to me are these:  strength, humility, empathy, how to put others before myself, that my value is not in what I look like but how I treat people, that the world does not revolve around me, how to carry on a conversation and take a genuine interest in people, that being an intelligent woman is important, that being interested in the news and the world around me is important, to stand up for what I believe in...  Thank you for loving me and also all the love you show to Matt and my kiddoes.  I love you!  

To my sister Shannon who is raising 3 strong willed, spirited precious children while running a successful online boutique:  I admire your strength and ability to juggle sooooo many things.  I'm so glad we are raising our children together just like we always said we would. 

Happy Mother's Day also to....

my amazing GJ, who did not have an easy life...she gave birth to my mom while my grandpa was away during the war, she raised 3 children and worked several jobs.  What a strong woman!  And at 88 is still stronger than ever.  I want to be like GJ when I grow up. 

my sister in law, Andrea, who as a baseball wife lives a very hectic life while raising 2 precious baby girls.

to my mother in law, Marilyn, who raised my husband Matt to be the amazing man that he is and is an excellent grandma!

to my sister in law, Angela, who is a great mom to little Timothy while juggling being a teacher

to Matt's Grandma Phylll who raised 8 kids, WHOA!! Enough said there...now that's a strong woman!

To all my teacher mommy friends...I have a special place in my heart for you.  I know the difficulty of being with other people's kids all day, when most of the time, you just want to be with your own.  And also the challenge of trying to have quality time with your kids while juggling grading papers, lesson planning, all the extra behind-the-scenes stuff that teachers do, finding a sub when your kids are sick...I could go on and on...

To all my mommy friends...I am inspired daily by watching the creativity and strength that you show.  Thank you for making me feel validated. 

To all the moms out there that are sick, or are raising sick children, or those that are raising children with special needs, those that are widowed, or single moms working 2 jobs, extra hats off to you girlfriends!  You are the true queens of the juggle.  God has a SPECIAL place in heaven for you!  Your courage inspires me. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the MOMS out there!  What a blessing!  Have a great day! 

1 comment:

  1. Steph,
    Your post has me in tears. It is so sweet and your writing is amazing! I'm glad we are able to raise our kids together too. You are an awesome mom for all that you do and are about to do with #4! I love you lil sis!

    ReplyDelete