Friday, September 18, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my new blog! Ok, so my goal for the first week of school was to set up a blog. I thought I could use all of my digital scrapbooking skills to create a nifty new blog. I designed a header and was pretty happy with it, but I was so frustrated that I couldn't figure out all the other doo-dads, gadgets, and widgets. For those of you that know anything about html, then you understand what I am talking about. And for those of you that know nothing about blogging, it is not nearly as easy as it looks. I can't tell you how many hours I spent online doing searches that started with, "how do I? " I even bought two books on blogging and a beginners' html coding book. Much to Matt's amusement, I spent one Friday night studying html. I felt defeated, frustrated, and lost. So the following Monday, I decided that if my blog was not exactly the way I wanted it, I would never get to blogging. So... I went with a designer. I found an awesome website that designs blogs and one of their designers, Lauren, immediately contacted me. She worked with my vision and ideas, and after twentysomething emails back and forth, she came up with a design that I was thrilled with! I figured out some things on my own (the slideshow and music player) & I am starting to feel like I actually know what I am doing! So voila, here it is... my blog!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph!
    Great first post. I'm sure you are so excited to be up-n-runnin'!! Where to start now!!?? I love all the pics of the kids and the slide/music. You need to teach me a thing or two! It looks awesome! Get to bloggin'.
    Love,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete