Friday, September 18, 2009

Queen of the {WHAT}?

So what's with the blog title? First, of all I want to make it clear I do not think I am the queen of anything. The cute mommy at the top of my blog is who I ASPIRE to be like. She reminds me of the modern version of the Proverbs 31 woman. For those of you that don't know her, please consult your bibles :) . I will share a little bit with you starting at verse 10: A wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
verse 14 She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family verse 25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her BLESSED ; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned... That was just an excerpt. If you go back and read the full chapter (starting at verse 10), she appears to be the perfect woman. I once did a Beth Moore bible study where she read the chapter aloud. I remember she told us not to be discouraged. We can't possibly do it all, but we can strive, can't we? Now back to the juggling woman at the top...she is doing it all! Some days when I go to bed at night, and I have DONE IT ALL, I do feel like the QUEEN OF THE JUGGLE!! There was one day, for example, when Matt had a function after work so I was in bed by the time he got home. I had started my day at 6 am and got in bed around 10:45 pm. THAT MORNING, I woke up, took a shower, did hair/makeup, and got dressed all before the kids were up. I had a busy day with Natalia, fixed dinner that everyone ate, spent time with the kids when they came home from school, we ate all together as a family(without Matt), had bathtime, read books with Jacob and Alexa, put them in bed, read to Natalia, put her down, made lunches for the next day, cleaned up the kitchen, worked out, took a bubble bath and got in bed. THAT DAY I felt like QUEEN OF THE JUGGLE!!! Everything went so smoothly. Is that the exception to the rule? YOU BET! Most days, things do not go that smoothly: I hit snooze several times and see my kids off on the bus with sunglasses on (at 8:20 in the morning) so the neighbors won't see my dark circles and lack of makeup; I fix 4 different meals because not everybody likes the same thing; the kids fight at dinnertime; Jacob and Alexa fight over what we are going to read; the kids don't get to sleep right away; and then I'm too tired to do ANYTHING when the kids go to bed. So my blog title is merely someone I would like to be in a perfect world or who I feel like only occasionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment